Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
What's in this article:
- How does it work?
- Good to know
The Front End Editing Tools technology enables you to make changes to the front end of your site, quickly and easily.
You don't want to have to hire a designer or a developer every time you want to make a change to some content on the front end of your platform.
Likewise, some changes you may wish to make in seconds, rather than hours.
The Front End Editing tool is a really simple and quick way of making changes to the front end of your platform.
In just a matter of minutes, you can:
- Edit modules on an existing page
- Add new modules to a page
- Make changes to the look and feel, via the branding tool
- Raise support tickets
- Manage the words / phrases and translations on each page
- Make changes to the SEO settings and optimise the page for search engines
How does it work?
Log into the platform as as Administrator
Select the editing option you want from the Front End Editing tool
Make the changes, hit "Save" and the change will be implemented immediately
Good to know
- This tool bar only appears if you are logged in as a member of staff, it won't show to customers
- It displays more tools, depending on which page you are looking at on the site
- It can give you details about products in the search results, such as suppliers used, number of results etc